Addiction therapy programs in Georgia offer different services in treating clients battling compulsion and addiction. At Peachtree Recovery Solutions, we strive to treat the whole person: we address the causes behind the behaviors, and we help clients facilitate positive change. With relationships as the focus, those battling addiction can learn to build trust, embrace vulnerability, and make strategic choices to impact their lives better. All too often, a habit of isolation and deception accompanies addiction. Learning to reach out and relate with authenticity are new ways of being in the world. Peachtree Recovery Solutions emphasizes habits and skills for more adaptive behavior.
Addiction therapy emphasizes strong communication in both individual and group settings. Therapists act as guides for peer feedback and insight, and they model ways to express and process feelings. With acceptance at its core, an effective addiction therapy option helps clients own the present, process the past, and move toward a healthier, more fulfilling future.
Types of Addiction Therapy Options
Finding a suitable blend of therapies is important, as each client brings their own experiences and expectations to the recovery process. Furthermore, building a strong relationship with a therapist–and feeling comfortable in a clinical setting–takes time. This is normal. Learning to overcome addiction can be a slow and steady process that garners long-lasting results. At Peachtree Recovery Solutions, we offer a range of therapeutic programs known to enhance recovery efforts, including the following:
- Dialectical behavior therapy – DBT dialectical behavior therapy values acceptance and change. By promoting healthy relationships and choices, DBT moves clients toward informed decisions and intentional actions.
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) – An outcome-focused methodology, CBT emphasizes recognizing dysfunctional behaviors and crafting more functional, constructive action.
- Individual psychotherapy – Working individually with a trained counselor can help further the recovery process. The confidential setting helps clients feel safe, acknowledged, and more capable of processing compulsion and addiction.
- Group therapy – In terms of addiction, group therapy builds deeper relationships through shared experience and authenticity. By facilitating interaction with others struggling with addiction, group therapy provides a supportive and compassionate atmosphere for clients to learn from one another.
- Red light therapy–First used in Denmark to help those with skin tuberculosis, red light therapy has yielded positive results for both physical and mental disorders. Simply put, red light therapy helps skin cells grow and rejuvenate–even NASA used red light therapy to promote plant growth and maintain astronaut health. Regarding addiction therapy, red light therapy can increase energy, replenish skin cells, stimulate the immune system, boost circulation, and minimize inflammation.
- Holistic therapy–Yoga, meditation, and mindfulness are holistic therapies that can help transform compulsive tendencies. Concentrated breathing, affirmations, and relaxation focus on remaining present-minded, an effective means of counteracting triggers that threaten sobriety.
A Therapist’s Role in Addiction Therapy Programs
A therapist acts as a guide, observer, and role model for safe and effective communication. Working through addiction may bring up feelings of inadequacy, vulnerability, and anger —a trained therapist helps navigate these feelings. A therapist offers perspective and input:
- They help clients practice authenticity–By remaining open-minded and accepting, a therapist can prompt clients to express true thoughts and feelings.
- They teach clients new strategies for handling temptation, compulsion, and triggers that arise along the road to recovery.
- They model more strategic ways to handle uncomfortable emotions, relationships, or situations–especially those that may lead to relapse.
An addiction therapist models ways to counteract compulsion and addiction by moving clients toward healthier, more adaptive choices.
Peachtree Recovery Solutions And Substance Abuse Therapy Programs In Georgia
When researching alcohol addiction treatment centers in Georgia, spend some time learning about Peachtree Recovery Solutions. Peachtree Recovery Solutions offers a comprehensive menu of services- and solutions- with a broad range of therapy options, client resources, and an experienced team of addiction therapists. Reach out at 866.863.1129 to get started.