Substance use disorders are one of the most common mental health concerns in Georgia and in the United States at large. According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, about 18% of adults in the U.S. will struggle with an addiction at some point in their lives. However, very few of those people will get the addiction treatment they need to recover. If you or someone you love is struggling with an addiction, it’s important to know that there is help available. Augusta offers a variety of addiction treatment options. Peachtree Recovery Solutions is proud to offer addiction treatment in Augusta, GA. If you have any questions about the areas we serve, please contact us today at 866.863.1129.
About Augusta, GA
Augusta, Georgia is located just a few hours away from Atlanta. The city is the third-largest in the state and is home to a population of over 200,000 people. Augusta is known for its historic downtown area, which is home to a number of shops and restaurants. The city is also home to Fort Gordon, which is a United States Army installation. Augusta is a beautiful city with a lot to offer, but it can also have a dark side.
As of 2020, the Augusta-Richmond County unemployment rate was 4.4%. That’s higher than the national average of 3.7%. The poverty rate in Augusta was also higher than the national average, at 19.8%. According to the CDC, one of the risk factors of poverty is substance abuse. This means that people who live in poverty are more likely to struggle with addiction.
Augusta is also home to a number of other risk factors for addiction, including:
- A large population of people who are 65 and older
- High rates of violent crime
- A high rate of people who have been diagnosed with a mental illness
- Easy access to a range of substances
If you or someone you love is struggling with addiction, it’s important to know that you are not alone. Addiction is a serious disease, but it is treatable. There are a number of addiction treatment options available in Augusta, GA.
Addiction Treatment in Augusta, GA
When clients come to Peachtree Recovery Solutions, they know that they are going to get the best possible care. We offer a variety of addiction treatment services, including:
- Partial hospitalization program – A partial hospitalization program is an excellent treatment option for people who are struggling with addiction and need more support than an outpatient program can offer. With a partial hospitalization program, clients will come to our facility for treatment during the day and then return home in the evening.
- Intensive outpatient program – An intensive outpatient program (IOP) is a step down from a partial hospitalization program. With an IOP, clients will come to our facility for treatment a few days each week. This allows them to receive the treatment they need while still being able to maintain some level of independence.
- Outpatient program – An outpatient program is a good option for people who have a strong support system at home and who are not struggling with a severe addiction. With an outpatient program, clients will come to our facility for treatment a few days each week.
- Addiction therapy services – Addiction therapy is an important part of the treatment process. During therapy sessions, clients will meet with a therapist to understand their challenges and address the underlying causes of addiction.
- Dual diagnosis treatment – Many people who struggle with addiction also struggle with a mental health disorder. This is known as a dual diagnosis. At Peachtree Recovery Solutions, we offer dual diagnosis treatment to help our clients address both their addiction and their mental health disorder.
If you have any questions about the recovery process, let us know. Contact our rehab center in Augusta, GA today to learn more.
Seek Support at Peachtree Recovery Solutions
Drugs and alcohol don’t have to impact your life any longer. Contact Peachtree Recovery Solutions today at 866.863.1129 to learn more.