Heroin addiction is a devastating behavioral health disorder. It is also a treatable condition. If you or someone that you care about have become trapped in the chains of heroin addiction, please know that effective professional help is available. Peachtree Recovery Solutions is a trusted provider of outpatient heroin addiction treatment in Atlanta.
Our Approach to Heroin Addiction Treatment
Change can be difficult. This is true even when you know that the change you are making will have a significant positive impact on your life. Sometimes, such as when you are thinking about getting heroin addiction treatment in Atlanta, understanding what to expect can eliminate some of your worries or concerns.
When you decide to get heroin addiction treatment in Atlanta at Peachtree Recovery Solutions, here’s what you can expect:
- When you arrive at our center, you will be greeted by a friendly member of our staff.
- The professionals who provide your care will encourage you to play an active role in all aspects of the treatment process.
- You may participate in several types of therapy. Before you start any new service, a member of our staff will explain the procedures and benefits and answer any questions you may have.
- If you have depression, an anxiety disorder, or another co-occurring mental health concern, you can receive care for that condition as part of your heroin addiction treatment.
- At Peachtree Recovery Solutions, you will never be defined by your addiction or judged negatively because of your past decisions and behaviors.
- You can learn from and share support with other adults who are also receiving treatment for heroin addiction. This can be a valuable introduction to the power of the recovery community.
- You will learn about the disease of addiction, and you will develop specific skills that will help you resist relapse and remain in recovery.
Before you complete your time at our heroin addiction treatment center in Atlanta, we will discuss the community-based services that can support your continued recovery. Our modern approach includes outpatient programs including Partial Hospitalization and Intensive Outpatient Programming. However, we realize that your experience at Peachtree Recovery Solutions will be just one part of your journey. We want to be sure you help you need to make continued progress in the months and years to come.
About Heroin Addiction
Heroin is an extremely powerful drug that has a high risk of addiction.
Heroin abuse can trigger an intense, euphoric rush. Once these effects wear off, a person can experience extremely low mood and energy. This can prompt them to use the drug again and again, which can quickly lead to the development of heroin use disorder (the clinical term for heroin addiction).
Once a person has become addicted to heroin, they can lose the ability to control how often they abuse this drug. Also, the pain of withdrawal can make it extremely difficult for someone to stop using heroin without entering an addiction treatment program.
If a person doesn’t get proper care for heroin addiction, they remain in danger for a variety of negative outcomes, including overdose and death.
As reported by the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), the United States has experienced an alarming rise in heroin overdose deaths throughout the current century:
- In 1999, heroin overdoses were responsible for 1,960 deaths in the United States.
- By 2016, the annual number of heroin overdose deaths had soared to 15,469.
- In 2020, the most recent year for which statistics are available, 13,165 deaths were attributed to heroin overdose.
Signs and Symptoms of Heroin Addiction
Since heroin abuse is illegal, people will often try to hide evidence that they have been engaging in this extremely dangerous behavior. However, because the effects of heroin addiction can be so extreme, it can be difficult to prevent friends and family members from suspecting that a person has a problem.
The following signs and symptoms may indicate that someone you care about needs heroin addiction treatment:
- Significant changes in mood and attitude
- Unintentionally losing a significant amount of weight
- Constricted (pinpoint) pupils
- Frequently scratching themselves
- Frequently developing colds or respiratory infections
- Slurred speech
- Neglecting their appearance and personal hygiene
- Having significant unexplained financial problems
- Appearing to always be exhausted or lethargic
- Having trouble focusing, concentrating, or even following a simple conversation
- Scabs, sores, and bruises that never seem to completely heal
- Wearing long pants and long-sleeved shirts, even when the weather is warm
- Lying or being otherwise deceptive about how they have been spending their time
- Failing to meet their personal and professional responsibilities
- Possessing syringes, needles, and other paraphernalia that can be used to abuse heroin
If someone that you care about has been exhibiting the signs and symptoms above, please encourage them to consult with a doctor or another qualified healthcare provider.
Who is an Ideal Candidate for our Heroin Addiction Treatment in Atlanta?
At Peachtree Recovery Solutions, we make all admissions decisions on a person-by-person basis. We take the time to closely review each prospective client’s needs and goals, so we can be sure that our heroin addiction treatment center in Atlanta is the best place for them.
In general, we serve clients who meet the following criteria:
- Are age 18 or older
- Have become addicted to heroin, morphine, prescription painkillers, or other opioids
- Have a desire to stop using opioids and start living a healthier life
- Are willing to fully engage in all aspects of treatment to the best of their ability
- Do not need round-the-clock care
- Have access to transportation, so they can get to our facility when treatment is in session
If this sounds like you (or someone that you care about), contact Peachtree Recovery Solutions today. With one free and confidential phone call, you can begin your path toward better health and a brighter future.
Services Offered at Peachtree Recovery Solutions
One of our first decisions is determining which level of care is best for the individual. Our heroin addiction treatment center in Atlanta offers the following three options:
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP)
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP)
- Outpatient treatment
- Women’s Program
- Men’s Program
Depending on our clients’ unique needs and the level at which they are receiving care, their heroin addiction treatment plan may include services such as the following:
- Individual therapy
- Group therapy
- Family therapy
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
- Red light therapy
- Holistic therapies
Begin Heroin Addiction Treatment in Atlanta
Peachtree Recovery Solutions is a respected provider of customized treatment for adults who have become dependent on heroin and other dangerous substances. Our heroin addiction treatment center in Atlanta is a safe and welcoming place where skilled professionals provide life-changing care. Contact us today to learn more about our programs and services or verify your insurance now.