At Peachtree Recovery Solutions, our drug rehab in Atlanta strives to provide addiction treatment that we tailor to your needs. Addiction is complex and can be a frightening condition for both those using substances and their loved ones. In many cases, people feel like they have a limited amount of time before the addiction takes over, and they lose everything, end up in legal trouble, or overdose. It can be scary to watch a love one go through this. To learn more about our treatment options, verify your insurance or call us now at 866.863.1129.
What to Expect at our Drug Rehab in Atlanta
Addiction treatment is a process of addressing the underlying causes of addiction and helping people to develop healthy coping mechanisms. It includes both medical and psychological interventions. Medical interventions can help to detoxify the body and manage withdrawal symptoms. Psychological interventions can help people to understand the thoughts and emotions that contribute to their addiction and to develop healthier ways of coping with stress.
At our drug rehab in Atlanta, we offer a variety of addiction treatment services. We provide a full range of outpatient programs. Our most intensive level of care is our partial hospitalization program, which provides a high level of structure and support while allowing you to live at home. We also offer intensive outpatient programs. Intensive outpatient programs are designed for people who need more support to stay sober but can’t commit to a residential program. Our outpatient programs are designed for people who can stay sober on their own but need some support to maintain their sobriety.
Addictions We Treat
Benzodiazepines, or benzos, are frequently prescribed to people who have been experiencing anxiety, insomnia, or seizures. When used as directed, benzos can be extremely beneficial.
Cocaine addiction can have a devastating effect on a person’s health and well-being. The many potential negative effects of cocaine abuse include addiction, overdose, and death. But cocaine addiction is a treatable condition.
Heroin addiction is a devastating behavioral health disorder. It is also a treatable condition. If you or someone that you care about have become trapped in the chains of heroin addiction, please know that effective professional help is available.
Goals of Effective Drug Rehab
What are the benchmarks of a successful substance abuse treatment program? Knowing what steps to take can be overwhelming, with so many stops on the road to sobriety. A better understanding of what meaningful recovery looks like can help.
An impactful program helps clients achieve several results:
- Remain free of drugs and alcohol
- Stay involved in positive relationships
- Feel useful on the job and in the world
- Find balance in their lives, as opposed to all or nothing/black and white thinking
- Understand the chronic nature of substance abuse
- Accept that recovery is an ongoing process
It takes courage to tackle addiction and overcome compulsion. Because addiction is a chronic condition, medical and therapeutic support are integral to healing.
Tenets of Our Drug Rehab in Atlanta
Though it would be wonderful to find a solution that works for everyone, it’s important to remember that every person is unique. While those struggling with substance abuse share important challenges, each person comes to treatment with their circumstances.
Finding the right blend of therapies and tools can take time, but certain principles remain universal:
- Substance use disorder is a chronic, complicated disease–and it’s treatable.
- Transformative substance abuse treatment addresses the causes as well as the symptoms. Real change involves the how and why, as well as the what.
- Longevity of treatment yields longer-lasting results. Through understanding the chronic nature of substance use disorders, we’ve come to understand that committing to an effective treatment program increases the odds of getting–and staying–sober.
Types of Substance Use Disorder Treatment
An assortment of therapies has proven effective for substance abuse programs including Partial Hospitalization Programming, Intensive Outpatient Programming, and more. Cognitive-behavioral therapy, dialectical behavior therapy, individual therapy, and group therapy programs all work toward viable and sustained recovery from addiction to drugs and alcohol. Here are some of the key forms of substance use disorder treatment:
- Individual psychotherapy – Partnering with a therapist one-on-one means an opportunity to build trust, practice vulnerability, and benefit from personalized input during each session. Many clients feel most comfortable with individual therapy as a starting point.
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) – An action-oriented practice, CBT hinges on changing behavior to effect a more desirable outcome. While feelings are acknowledged and valued, the emphasis is on making more strategic behavioral choices.
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) – Dialectical behavior therapy emphasizes the importance of acceptance and proactive change. With a focus on remaining present-minded, DBT teaches clients to manage anxiety and stress and create healthier relationships with others.
- Group therapy – When it comes to substance use disorder treatment, group therapy is a focal point for building social skills, peer interaction, and more constructive relationships. Guided by one or several trained therapists, a steady flow of peer feedback from others battling substance abuse builds camaraderie, support, and compassion.
Contact Peachtree Recovery Solutions Today
If you’re ready to take the first step towards recovery, we are here to help. At our drug and alcohol treatment center in Georgia, we offer a variety of treatment options. We will work with you to create a customized treatment plan that meets your unique needs. Our drug and alcohol addiction treatment center can provide the care and support you need. To learn more about our Georgia addiction treatment center, contact Peachtree Recovery Solutions today at 866.863.1129.